CPR Board Review:
1. When do you turn on an AED?
2. What is the rate of compressions?
At least 100/minute.
3. How deep should the compressions be?
Adult: 2in/5cm Child: 2in/5cm/ 1/3 depth of chest Infant: 1.5in/4cm/ 1/3 depth of chest
4. What is the Ratio of compressions to breaths?
Adult: 30:2 Child 1 Responder: 30:2 2 Responder: 15:2
Infant 1 responder: 30:2 2 Responder: 15:2
5. No neck injury is suspected. How do you open the airway?
Heat tilt-chin lift
6. How do you know the breaths are effective?
Chest will rise, not stomach.
7. When do you start CPR?
Immediately after you find no pulse, or a pulse under 60.
8. CAB, define.
Circulation Airway Breathing
9. AED says “ANALYZING.” What do you do?
Stay and say “Clear.”
10. AED says “NO SHOCK INDICATED.” What do you do?
Return immediately to compressions.